Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast or 7-bone roast, trimmed
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root, gently rubbed under cold running water, grated
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 12 small flour or corn tortillas
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped (optional)
- 2 avocados, gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced (optional)
- 2 limes, sliced (optional)
- Asian Cabbage Slaw (recipe linked in the notes)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place beef in the slow cooker. Wash hands after handling uncooked meat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, beef broth, ginger, lime juice, and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, until tender.
- In a separate small bowl, prepare spicy sour cream by stirring together the ½ cup sour cream with the 2 teaspoons of Sriracha sauce. Refrigerate until needed.
- Remove beef from the pot and shred or chop. Add ½ cup of liquid to the beef and combine.
- Toast tortillas if desired. Top with shredded beef, cabbage slaw (recipe linked in the notes below) and spicy sour cream.
- Top with cilantro, avocado slice, and squeeze some lime juice over the top, if desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Get the Asian Cabbage Slaw Recipe here.
- Serving Size (1 taco, with the Asian Cabbage Slaw):
- Calories 320
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Sodium 430mg
- Total Carbohydrates 22g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 6g, includes 4g Added Sugars
- Protein 34g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 15%
- Potassium 10%