Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Zucchini is perfect for adding to baked goods because it has a mild flavor and keeps baked goods moist without having to add extra fat to the recipe.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 ripe banana, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled and mashed
- 1 medium zucchini, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, grated
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well
- Break egg into a medium bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking the raw egg. Add the brown sugar, milk, banana, and grated zucchini and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just enough to combine the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for two to three days or freeze for up to three months.
- Serving Size (1 muffin):
- Calories 80
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 6g, includes 4g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 4%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor