Super Quick Multi-Cooker Brown Rice Pilaf
Fresh onions, garlic and parsley would be delicious if available. Dried fruits or nuts could be added after cooking the rice along with a few vegetables such as cooked carrots or peas.
Don't have an electric multi-cooker? Simply follow the rice package directions for cooking on the stove or in the microwave substituting chicken broth for water. Add seasonings when cooking is complete.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water. Add brown rice, chicken broth and minced onion to multi-cooker. Set device to 22 minutes of pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, open the multi-cooker after a 10-minute natural pressure release. Add spices; salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine and serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/2 cup):
- Calories 123
- Total Fat 0.8g
- Sodium 174mg
- Total Carbohydrates 24g
- Fiber 2g