Chili Bean Dip
Dried and canned beans are inexpensive sources of protein. By draining and rinsing canned beans you can reduce sodium content up to 40%.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked dried beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and chopped
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mash beans.
- Add chili powder, onion, and cheese. Mix well.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or serve cold with raw vegetables.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 150
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 410mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17g
- Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 9g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 10%