Food, Nutrition & Fitness
PowerPoints, Handouts, Onside Slide ShowsWe offer a variety of FREE PowerPoints and handouts in our Food, Nutrition and Health Educational Resources section you can download and use in your educational programs. Also, check our newsletter section and recipe section for additional handout material
- What's on a Food Label?
- Funny Food Quotes and Sayings (PowerPoint)
- Makeover Your Leftovers (PowerPoint, handout)
- Be Part of the Party to Celebrate the International Year of Pulses: Dry Beans, Peas and Lentils
- Cold Pizza for Breakfast (PowerPoint)
- Slow Cooker Meals (PowerPoint & handout)
- Feeding without the Fuss (younger children) (PowerPoint & handout)
- Healthy Cooking with Fresh Herbs (PowerPoint & handout)
- Spending Your Calorie Salary - FOR TEENS (PowerPoint & handout)
- Homemade Holiday Beverage Mixes in a Jar (PowerPoint & handout)
- Prevent Portion Distortion (PowerPoint & handout)
- How Should You Spend Your Calorie Salary? (PowerPoint & handout)
- Mix It Up - to Expand Your Holiday Gift-Giving Dollar - Food Mixes in a Jar (PowerPoint & handout)
- Choose MyPlate: Selected Consumer Messages (PowerPoint & handout)
- Name that Veggie! (PowerPoint)
- Test Your Salt Savvy (handout)
- Tiny Tastes Can Total BIG Calories over Winter Holidays (PowerPoint & handout)
- How to Bake Gluten-Free with Sorghum Series(handout)
- Color Yourself Healthy (PowerPoint)
- Supermarket Savings: 16 Tips that Total BIG Bucks!(PowerPoint & handout)
- The Garden Grocery: Food Safety & Selection at the Farmers' Market (PowerPoint & handout)
- Add a Little SPICE (& HERBS) to Your Life (PowerPoint & handout)
- Food for Thought: Food Quotes (PowerPoint)
Consumer Food Safety Education
General Consumer PowerPoints and Handouts
- Concession Stand Food Safety Posters
- What's on a Food Label?
- Cold Pizza for Breakfast (PowerPoint, online slideshow)
- Test Your Summer Food Safety Savvy (PowerPoint, handout)
- Handling Food Safely on the Road (handout)
- The Garden Grocery: Food Safety & Selection at the Farmers' Market (PowerPoint, handout)
- Food Safety Checklist for "Planned-Over" Foods (handout)
- Cleaning the Kitchen Cupboard: Toss or Save? (handout)
- Handwashing Posters and Handouts
Handwashing is the most effective way to prevent the spread of illness according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Help promote handwashing at your work or community site with these FREE materials! (handouts)
Food Safety for Families Materials
- 2 Hours: Your Infant's Health Could Depend on it. 24 x 36-inch poster (also available as an 8 1/2 x 11-inch poster) warning people to discard prepared powdered infant formula after 2 hours at room temperature.
- Food Safety for Families Fact Sheets and Podcast. (Video, handouts)
Topics include Safe practices for breast milk, formula and baby's first foods; Holiday cooking (turkey); Picnic and buffet foods; Cleaning; Washing produce, preparing foods and more.
Nutrition Education Program: The Nebraska Nutrition Education Program (NEP) is funded by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Education (SNAP-Ed) and the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). NEP works with limited resource families, youth, individuals, and their environments to improve the likelihood that they will make healthy food choices within a limited budget and choose physically active lifestyles consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the USDA food guidance.
NEP participants acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behavior changes necessary to improve their health (in areas such as hunger, malnutrition, and obesity). The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension NEP faculty and staff partner with national, state, and local organizations to provide evidence-based, learner-centered education and skill building.