Vegetable Cheese Quesadillas
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 1 tomato, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, gently rubbed under cold running water, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup salsa (optional)
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix cooked onions, tomato, green pepper, zucchini and Cheddar cheese.
- Reheat skillet over medium heat. Spray one side of a flour tortilla with non-stick cooking spray. Place the tortilla, sprayed-side-down, on the hot skillet.
- Spread 1/4 of the vegetable/cheese mixture on one half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling and cook, flipping once. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 3 tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 triangles and serve with salsa and/or sour cream on the side.
Variation: To make Vegetable Chicken Quesadillas, add 1 cup chopped cooked chicken during step 2.
- Serving Size (1 Quesadilla):
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 7g
- Vitamin A 10%
- Vitamin C 40%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 8%