Yield: 6 servings
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas or tostados
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (optional)
- 2 cups refried beans
- Salsa, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, gently washed under cold running water (unless labeled as pre-washed" or "ready-to-eat", then use as is)
- 1 tomato, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, arrange tortillas or tostados in a single layer. If using tortillas, spray both sides with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 4 minutes or until crisp.
- Mix chili powder into refried beans, if desired.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of refried beans on each tostada. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top each tostada with lettuce and tomato. Serve with salsa.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 310
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 630mg
- Total Carbohydrates 33g
- Fiber 6g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 15g
- Vitamin A 10%
- Vitamin C 20%
- Calcium 25%
- Iron 15%