Tomato and Cucumber Salad
This refreshing salad is an excellent source of Vitamin C and a great way to take advantage of the vegetables’ summer growing season.
Yield: 12 servings
- 4 large tomatoes, gently rubbed under cold running water, cubed
- 1 large cucumber, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green pepper, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/12 of recipe):
- Calories 30
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Total Carbohydrates 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 35%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 4%