Dairy foods like milk, cheese, and yogurt are rich in calcium, protein, and vitamins to help build strong bones and teeth. Eating dairy foods can lower your risk of developing a disease called osteoporosis that occurs when bones become weak and break easily.
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, frozen, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) package ricotta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (6 ounce) container Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 (3 pound) jar spaghetti sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (6 ounce) package Mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Thaw spinach. Drain liquid. Use clean paper towels to press dry.
- Break eggs into a large bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs. Beat eggs with a fork. Add spinach, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, and 2 Tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese to the eggs. Mix well.
- Spread 3/4 cup of spaghetti sauce in prepared dish.
- Place 3 uncooked noodles on top of sauce. Spread 1/3 of spinach mixture over noodles, sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Spread 3/4 cup sauce over spinach mixture. Repeat noodle, spinach mixture, Mozzarella cheese, and sauce layers two more times.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and spaghetti sauce. Add 1/2 cup of water to jar of spaghetti sauce to clean out the jar. Pour over lasagna.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Cover tightly with foil (can spray foil with cooking spray so cheese will not stick to foil).
- Bake about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned on top. Uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/8 of recipe):
- Calories 310
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 850mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 19g
- Vitamin A 60%
- Vitamin C 45%
- Calcium 45%
- Iron 15%