Spicy Tilapia with Lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tilapia fillets or other white fish
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice or ½ lime, juiced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together. Sprinkle spices over both sides of the fish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Lay the fish fillets in the skillet. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish.
- Cook 3-4 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook another 3-4 minutes. The fish will cook quickly and is done when internal temperature reaches 145 ⁰F when measured with a food thermometer.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/2 of recipe):
- Calories 138
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 331mg
- Total Carbohydrates 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 19g