3 Things to do before you go shopping: 1. Plan before you shop. Check foods you already have in the refrigerator and cupboards. Check food ads/coupons. 2. Plan a week’s worth of meals. 3. Write down items you need as you run out of or think of them. It will save you time and money.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tilapia fillets or other white fish
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together. Sprinkle spices over both sides of the fish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Lay the fish fillets in the skillet. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish.
- Cook 3-4 minutes. Flip the fillets, and cook another 3-4 minutes. The fish will cook very quickly and is done when internal temperature reaches 145 degrees when measured with a food thermometer.
- Serving Size (1/2 of recipe):
- Calories 138
- Total Fat 6g
- Sodium 331mg
- Total Carbohydrates 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 19g