Sauteed Eggplant with Okra
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1 eggplant, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 8 okra, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, eggplant, and salt, if desired. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add okra and garlic. Cook while occasionally stirring for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
This recipe was created in collaboration with Community Crops and Yazidi Project.
- Serving Size (1/2 cup):
- Calories 80
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 3g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 4%