Yield: 6 servings
- 1 2/3 cups coarse cracker crumbs*
- 1/2 small onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon or 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2/3 cups lowfat milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup celery, gently rubbed under cool running water, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Break eggs into a large bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Mixture will be moist.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet. Drop fish mixture onto the skillet using a 1/3 or 1/2 cup measuring cup. Brown on both sides.
* dry bread crumbs, crushed unsweetened cereal, or uncooked oatmeal can be used instead of cracker crumbs.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 730mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 2g
- Protein 19g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Calcium 20%
- Iron 10%