Roasted Parmesan Rutabaga Fries
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium rutabagas, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut rutabagas into 1/4-inch thick wedges.
- Place rutabaga wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic and Italian seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the rutabaga wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they start to brown. Flip the wedges over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the wedges are soft on the inside and well-browned, cooked through, and crispy on the outside.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1 cup):
- Calories 110
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 50mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18g
- Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 9g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 15%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor