Roasted Broccoli and Red Peppers
Yield: 6 servings
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch), gently rubbed under cold running water
- 1 red bell pepper, gently rubbed under cold running water and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add broccoli, pepper, oil, lemon pepper and garlic to a self-sealing plastic bag; shake until ingredients are combined (or mix together in a bowl).
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until vegetables are tender enough to pierce with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 38
- Total Fat 2g
- Sodium 54mg
- Total Carbohydrates 5g
- Fiber 2g