Multi-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 ½ Tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ pounds beef Top Round Steak, trimmed and cut into ¼-inch thick strips
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced
- 1 cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 ½ cups low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Using the sauté function on your multi-cooker, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add half the steak pieces to the pot and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pot and repeat with the remaining pieces. Remove from the pot and keep warm.
- Wash hands after handling uncooked meat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally to prevent them from burning. Add 1 tablespoon of water if the mushrooms begin to stick. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil to the pot. Add chopped onion and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Pour in beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper, and stir until combined. Add the browned beef pieces and stir.
- Place lid on multi-cooker and lock according to manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure the valve is set to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 18 minutes followed by a 15-minute natural release, then a quick release. Once pin drops, remove lid.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Add slurry to the pot.
- Select the sauté function and bring the gravy to a boil, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Add the sour cream and mushrooms and stir until smooth.
- Serve with egg noodles, polenta, rice, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash. Top with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Calories 210
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 4g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 23g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 2%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor