Mini Quiche Cups
Yield: 18 mini quiche cups
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1 cup cooked vegetable(s) and/or cooked meat (such as broccoli, potato, mushroom, bell pepper, ham, chicken, or turkey), finely chopped
- ½ cup low-fat cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- Crack eggs separately into a small bowl then pour into a larger mixing bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs. Add the milk, salt, and pepper and beat with a fork until blended.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the onion, vegetable(s), meat, and cheese. Divide the mixture evenly into each muffin cup.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetable(s), meat, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the filling is puffed and golden, and the internal temperature reaches 160°F when measured with a food thermometer.
- Remove from oven. Cool for a few minutes, then carefully lift out and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
These can be made in a regular muffin pan. The recipe makes 6 regular-sized quiche cups and will take 5 minutes longer to bake.
- Serving Size (3 mini quiche cups):
- Calories 80
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 1g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 8g
- Vitamin D 6%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 2%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor