Snacking can be an important part of a healthy diet. Plan and choose snacks that are full of good things our bodies need instead of snacks that are full of extra calories, sugar, and fat.
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken, drained*
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, low sodium, drained
- 1/2 cup celery, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt**
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or whole wheat crackers.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*Canned tuna or cooked, shredded chicken can be substituted for canned chicken.
**Nonfat or low-fat sour cream can be substituted for Greek yogurt.
- Serving Size (1/4 cup):
- Calories 70
- Total Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 2g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 9g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 2%