Egg Roll in a Bowl
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 cups shredded cabbage* or coleslaw mix
- 4 cloves garlic, gently rubbed under cold running water, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, gently rubbed under cold running water, minced or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green onion, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring often to crumble, until cooked through and temperature reaches 160°F on a food thermometer. Drain fat.
- Add the cabbage, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet with the ground beef. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cabbage has softened.
- Remove from the heat and top with the green onions and drizzle with oil.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- For a lower cost option, use vegetable oil instead of sesame oil.
- For a more balanced meal, serve with 1/2 cup brown rice.
*1 medium sized green cabbage weighs about 2 pounds and yields about 8 cups of shredded cabbage.
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 330
- Total Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 7g
- Sodium 620mg
- Total Carbohydrates 8g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 4g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 30g
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor