Crunchy Kohlrabi Salad
Yield: 6 servings
- 2-3 kohlrabi (2 cups), scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled, and cut into matchsticks
- 1 apple, gently rubbed under running water, cored, and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon mustard (Dijon or other)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and prepare kohlrabi and apple.
- In a large bowl, combine kohlrabi, apple, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds.
- To make the dressing, combine vinegar, vegetable oil, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper (if desired) in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/2 cup):
- Calories 110
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 11g, includes 5g Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 6%