Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries
Eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables to get the nutrients your body needs. This salad is a great start!
Yield: 11 servings
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup green onions, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, onions, almonds and dried cranberries.
- In a seperate bowl, mix oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic powder, pepper and salt (optional).
- Toss dressing with salad.
- Cover and refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Calories 90
- Total Fat 4g
- Sodium 25mg
- Total Carbohydrates 13g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 1g
Adapted slightly from Get Fresh! Chickasaw Nation Nutrition Services