Snacking can be an important part of a healthy diet. The key is to plan and choose snacks that are full of the good things our bodies need, instead of snacks that are full of extra calories, sugar and fat.
- 3 cups broccoli, gently rubbed under cold, running water, chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower, gently rubbed under cold, running water, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup purple grapes, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt or low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, dried cranberries, grapes and red onion.
- In separate small bowl, stir together vinegar, Greek yogurt and sugar.
- Pour yogurt mixture over broccoli mixture and stir gently.
- Add sunflower seeds and crumbled bacon, if desired. Stir gently.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size (1/8 of recipe):
- Calories 97
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 69mg
- Total Carbohydrates 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 6g