Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 cups broccoli, gently rubbed under cold, running water, chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower, gently rubbed under cold, running water, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup purple grapes, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt or low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, dried cranberries, grapes and red onion.
- In separate small bowl, stir together vinegar, Greek yogurt and sugar.
- Pour yogurt mixture over broccoli mixture and stir gently.
- Add sunflower seeds and crumbled bacon, if desired. Stir gently.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size (1/8 of recipe):
- Calories 97
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 69mg
- Total Carbohydrates 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 6g