Nutrients provided by various protein foods can differ. Varying your protein food choices can provide your body with a range of nutrients designed to keep your body functioning well. Beans provide protein in this recipe.
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup red pepper, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and diced
- ½ cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and diced
- ½ cup corn, fresh, canned, or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, gently rubbed under cold running water and diced
- ¼ cup Southwestern style salad dressing
- 8 Bibb or Romaine lettuce leaves, gently rubbed under cold running water
- ¼ cup carrots, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, red pepper, onion, corn, cilantro, and green onion.
- Add salad dressing to bean mixture. Mix gently.
- Place lettuce leaves on a plate or serving dish. Spoon bean mixture into lettuce leaves. Top with shredded carrots.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1 wrap):
- Calories 80
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 210mg
- Total Carbohydrates 13g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 4g