Foods from the protein foods group provide nutrients that are important for growth, strong muscles and organs, fighting infection, and preventing anemia. This group includes foods made from meat, poultry, seafood, dry beans or peas, eggs, processed soy products, nuts, and seeds.
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups zucchini, gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded or cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar.
- Add zucchini, kidney beans, and mozzarella. Stir gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- Enjoy immediately or allow to marinate overnight.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 192
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Sodium 321mg
- Total Carbohydrates 16g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 10g