Wholesome Brussels Sprouts Salad
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, gently rubbed under cold running water, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard (Dijon or other)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Pepper, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse and prepare produce.
- Fill a large bowl with 1 1/2 cups of cold water and the apple cider vinegar. Toss to coat the Brussels sprouts in water.
- Soak the Brussels sprouts for about 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, then drain.
- Mix mustard and vegetable oil in a small bowl and then add to Brussels sprouts. Toss to combine.
- Before serving, add Parmesan cheese, walnuts and pepper to taste.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size (1 cup):
- Calories 290
- Total Fat 25g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 140mg
- Total Carbohydrates 13g
- Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 3g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 7g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Recipe Credit: UNL Extension Nutrition Education Program