Vegetable Pasta Salad
Foods from the grain group are a good source of fiber, iron, and B vitamins.
Yield: 1/6 of recipe
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups fresh vegetables*, scrub vegetables with clean vegetable brush under running water and chop, dice or slice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, make dressing by combining vinegar, water sugar, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill weed, and dried parsley. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and vegetables.
- Pour cooled dressing mixture over pasta and vegetables. Stir well.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*Any of these vegetables will work great: carrots, celery, broccoli, green pepper, red pepper, cucumber, onion, and many more!
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 260
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 90mg
- Total Carbohydrates 33g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 12g
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin A 100%
- Vitamin C 30%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 4%