Turkey Mashed Potato Soup
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled and sliced
- 1 quart (4 cups) low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups chopped, cooked turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté over medium heat in olive oil, onion and carrots until the onion is translucent and the carrots are tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, mashed potatoes and thyme. Continue cooking and stir until broth is smooth.
- Add turkey; continue cooking on medium heat until mixture starts to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally — for about 10 minutes — until mixture is heated through and the temperature reaches 165°F when measured with a food thermometer.
- Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Calories 250
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 610mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 4g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 19g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 15%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor