Foods from the protein foods group provide nutrients that are important for growth, strong muscles, and organs, fighting infections, and preventing anemia. Your family will love this easy Holiday turkey meatball recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs*
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning or Italian seasoning
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients just until mixed.
- Shape into balls (about 24) and place on a baking sheet.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after handling uncooked turkey or chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*Crushed cracker crumbs, crushed unsweetened cereal, or uncooked oatmeal can be used instead of dry bread crumbs.
- Serving Size (1/8 of recipe):
- Calories 120
- Total Fat 1.5g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 115mg
- Total Carbohydrates 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 3g, includes 2g Added Sugars
- Protein 15g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 0%