Did you know that people who eat breakfast usually do better in school and at work? Eating breakfast provides your body with the energy it needs to start the day, helps you to stay alert, and can improve your mood.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- 1/2 cup corn, canned or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large skillet, heat one Tablespoon oil.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, red bell pepper and corn to the skillet. Cook until all the vegetables are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine one Tablespoon oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika (if using). Add spice mixture and black beans to the skillet and stir well.
- Create three small wells in the vegetables. Gently crack an egg into each well, keeping the yolk intact. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs. Season the eggs with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and allow eggs to cook until egg whites and yolks are firm, about 4-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size (1/3 of recipe):
- Calories 255
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 285mg
- Total Carbohydrates 33g
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 11g