The seasoning in these tacos hides the “fishy” taste of the tuna, leaving you with a low-cost and high quality protein the whole family can enjoy.
- 1 (5 ounce) can of tuna, drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexi-corn, drained
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice or juice from 1 lime
- 2 cups lettuce, gently rubbed under cold running water (if not pre-washed), shredded
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup salsa
- 12 hard taco shells or whole grain tortillas
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, flake tuna with a fork. Stir in beans, corn, mayonnaise, taco seasoning, and lime juice.
- Place lettuce, cheese, and salsa in separate bowls.
- Place taco shells on microwave safe plate. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute*.
- To eat, layer tuna mixture, lettuce, and cheese in shells/tortillas. Top with salsa.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*Microwaves vary in power, so you may have to change the cooking time.
- Serving Size (2 tacos or tortillas):
- Calories 240
- Total Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 510mg
- Total Carbohydrates 24g
- Fiber 6g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 9g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 2%