Super Spaghetti Squash Bites
Yield: About 20 Bites
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Scrub spaghetti squash with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until tender (or place cut side down on a microwave safe dish with ½ cup of water. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and cook on high for 8-12 minutes).
- The squash is done when a fork easily pierces the skin and goes into the flesh. Let cool and scoop out the flesh.
- Break egg into a medium-sized bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw egg. Add 1 ½ cups of the cooked squash, bread crumbs and cheese. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 Tablespoon squash batter to form bite-size balls. Place squash balls on prepared dish. Wash hands with soap and water.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until bottoms are golden brown. Flip and bake another 3 minutes until golden.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (4 Bites):
- Calories 103
- Total Fat 3g
- Sodium 253mg
- Total Carbohydrates 11g
- Fiber 1g