Super-Duper Easy Hummus
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans. In a food processor or blender combine garbanzo beans, garlic, cumin, salt and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or pita chips.
- Many hummus recipes call for tahini - a paste made from ground sesame seeds that is used frequently in Middle Eastern, Turkish and Greek dishes.
- This recipe does not call for tahini which works well for those who are unable to find it in their local grocery store, those not wanting to purchase a jar or for those who don't like the tahini flavor.
- Serving Size (1/5 of recipe):
- Calories 96
- Total Fat 4g
- Sodium 222mg
- Total Carbohydrates 12g
- Fiber 3g