Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin A and are also high in vitamin C and lycopene. Store uncut tomatoes at room temperature for best taste.
- 1 medium zucchini, gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 1 medium white onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional), scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix gently.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*Be careful when cutting the jalapeno. Wearing gloves when handling jalapenos is recommended as the jalapeno juices can burn the skin.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 25
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 198mg
- Total Carbohydrates 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 4%