Snap Pea Salad
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, gently rubbed under cold running water, trimmed and strings removed
- 3 ounces spring greens or spinach, gently rubbed under cold running water and pat dry
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In a small jar or bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano and garlic. Cover and set aside. This can be made one day in advance. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice peas in half on the diagonal. Set aside.
- Fill a 2-quart sauce pan (medium sized) half-full with water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add raw peas and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain. Place in bowl and cover with cold water. Drain again.
- Stir together the vinaigrette. Add about ¼ cup of vinaigrette to peas and stir.
- Place greens or spinach on a large platter. Top with peas. Use additional dressing if desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Add these snap peas on top of whole grain rice or pasta.
- Serving Size (1 ¼ cups):
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 1.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates 10g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 4g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 15%
- Potassium 0%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor