Roasted Root Vegetables
- 6 root vegetables, (choose a variety from potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes, etc.) (medium)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 425 degreees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scrub vegetables with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Peel vegetables (optional) and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Place vegetables in a self-sealing plastic bag, add the oil and seal. Shake until vegetables are coated evenly with oil. Spread vegetables out evenly onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until tender and golden brown. Serve hot or lukewarm.
- Calories 213
- Total Fat 13g
- Sodium 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates 22g
- Fiber 4g