Roasted Root Vegetables
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 root vegetables, (choose a variety from potatoes, carrots, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes, etc.) (medium)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 425 °F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scrub vegetables with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Peel vegetables (optional) and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Place vegetables in a self-sealing plastic bag, add the oil and seal. Shake until vegetables are coated evenly with oil. Spread vegetables out evenly onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until tender and golden brown. Serve hot or lukewarm.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Calories 180
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 270mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 6g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 10%