Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1 eggplant, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup fresh parsley, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and prepare produce.
- Peel onion and slice onion into ½ inch pieces.
- Remove stem and seeds from pepper and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add onion, bell peppers, eggplant and garlic. Saute until tender, or about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil, cook about 10 minutes. Add pepper and parsley before serving.
- Serve hot. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Use 2 Tablespoons dried parsley in place of the ½ cup fresh chopped parsley.
- Serving Size (½ cup):
- Calories 70
- Total Fat 3.5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 130mg
- Total Carbohydrates 10g
- Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 5g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 8%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
- MyPlate Kitchen, ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.