- ½ English muffin
- 1 Tablespoon pizza or tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Optional toppings: sliced mushrooms, green peppers, onions, black olives or other vegetables*
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Spread English muffin half with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and add additional toppings if desired.
- Bake at 425⁰F for 10 minutes on a baking sheet or microwave for 15 seconds or until cheese is melted using a microwave-safe plate.
Here is our recipe for Quick and Easy Pizza Sauce
Snack Crediting for Ages 3-5 in CACFP - Grain, Meat/Meat Alternate
*Make sure to cut vegetables to 1/2 inch or less to reduce risk of choking in children under the age of 4.
- Serving Size (1 pizza bite):
- Calories 120
- Total Fat 3.5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates 15g
- Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 2g, includes 1g Added Sugars
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 2%