To help reduce your grocery budget, plan to shop no more than once per week. Usually, the more trips you make to the store, the more money you spend.
- 2 packages oriental ramen noodles
- 2 cups oriental vegetables, frozen
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Set ramen seasoning packets aside.*
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles and frozen vegetables.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, hot water, pepper flakes, and sugar. Add seasoning, if desired.
- Add noodles and vegetables to the sauce. Toss.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Add cooked chicken breast or shrimp for added protein.
*Do not use seasoning packets or for a lower sodium meal use 1 packet.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 206
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 382mg
- Total Carbohydrates 24g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin A 13%
- Vitamin C 16%
- Calcium 1%
- Iron 8%