Peanut Thai Ramen
To help reduce your grocery budget, plan to shop no more than once per week. Usually, the more trips you make to the store, the more money you spend.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 packages oriental ramen noodles
- 2 cups oriental vegetables, frozen
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Set ramen seasoning packets aside.*
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles and frozen vegetables.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, hot water, pepper flakes, and sugar. Add seasoning, if desired.
- Add noodles and vegetables to the sauce. Toss.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Add cooked chicken breast or shrimp for added protein.
*Do not use seasoning packets or for a lower sodium meal use 1 packet.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 206
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 382mg
- Total Carbohydrates 24g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin A 13%
- Vitamin C 16%
- Calcium 1%
- Iron 8%