This recipe is a great source of protein and the sweet potatoes add important vitamin A. Thanks to the orange and cinnamon flavoring, you may be able to skip the salt entirely.
- 2 pork loin chops
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed with a clean vegetable brush under cold running water, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 orange, scrubbed with a clean vegetable brush under cold running water, sliced
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1 dash black pepper (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place meat and sweet potato slices in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with orange slices and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour until meat is tender. Pork is safely cooked when it has been heated to 145 degrees F.
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 6g
- Protein 25g
Adapted from Simply Seniors Cookbook, Utah Family Nutrition Program/ Utah State University Extension.