Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 10 okra, gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced
- 1/2 onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, cut from cob
- 3 medium yellow squash, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, sliced
- 1 tomato, gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook vegetable oil and okra for 3 to 5 minutes. Then add onion, corn, squash and optional spices for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Serve on top of chicken or fish. When corn, okra and tomatoes are not in season, use canned vegetables in place of fresh vegetables.
- Serving Size (3/4 cup):
- Calories 60
- Total Fat 1.5g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 5g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Recipe Credit: USDA Mixing Bowl