Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 10 okra, gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced
- ½ onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, cut from cob
- 3 medium yellow squash, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, sliced
- 1 tomato, gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook vegetable oil and okra for 3 to 5 minutes. Then add onion, corn, squash and optional spices for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Serve on top of chicken or fish. When corn, okra and tomatoes are not in season, use canned vegetables in place of fresh vegetables.
- Serving Size (3/4 cup):
- Calories 60
- Total Fat 1.5g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 5g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
- USDA Mixing Bowl