Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 bunch dark green leafy lettuce, gently rubbed under cold running water
- 1 tomato, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1 carrot, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped or shredded
- 1 cucumber, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 apple, gently rubbed under cold running water, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked ham or turkey, cubed
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- low-fat salad dressing (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Gently mix with your favorite dressing, if desired.
- Serve with whole grain bread and you have all 5 food groups!
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 120
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 140mg
- Total Carbohydrates 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 9g
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin A 45%
- Vitamin C 15%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 2%