Mango Tango Black Bean Salsa
Mangos are high in both vitamin A, which is crucial for our vision, and vitamin C, which helps heal and repair body tissues and keep our immune system strong.
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 mango, gently rubbed under cold running water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole kernel corn with peppers, drained
- ¼ cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and peel the mango, then cut in half lengthwise. Throw away the seed. Cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/16 of recipe):
- Calories 30
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 8%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 2%