Low-fat Spinach Dip
Yield: 3 Servings
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, gently rubbed under cold running water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup green onion, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse and prepare produce.
- Put fresh spinach in a skillet and sauté until wilted. Let cool.
- Cut spinach into small pieces so it will distribute evenly throughout the dip.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, green onion, lemon juice, yogurt and spinach.
- Place in a serving dish; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or whole wheat crackers.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Non-fat or low-fat sour cream can be substituted for Greek yogurt.
- Serving Size (⅓ cup):
- Calories 70
- Total Fat 0.5g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 3g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 10g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
- Adapted from MyPlate Kitchen