Ham and Egg Frittata
Did you know, people who eat breakfast usually do better in school and at work? If you're running short on time, try getting up 10 minutes earlier or plan easy breakfasts.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced or 2 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat margarine or oil.
- Place half the potatoes, onions, green pepper, salt and pepper in skillet. Layer half the ham on top. Repeat.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour eggs over potato mixture. Cook about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F when measured with a food thermometer.
- Top with cheese and heat until melted. Cut into wedges.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 150mg
- Sodium 690mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 2g
- Protein 15g
- Vitamin A 8%
- Vitamin C 35%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 8%