Yield: 14 servings
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, gently rubbed under cold running water
- ¼ cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, gently rubbed under cold running water, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. For better flavor, let the ingredients stand in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Serve with veggies, tortilla chips, quesadillas, or on a salad or baked potato.
- Calories 13
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 3.3mg
- Total Carbohydrates 3g
- Fiber 0.7g