Egg and Cheese Muffin
Eating breakfast provides your body with the energy it needs to start the day, helps you stay alert, and can improve your mood.
Yield: 1 muffin
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, cut in half and toasted
- 1 egg
- 1 slice American or Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh spinach leaves, (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently wash spinach under cold running water. If spinach is marked "pre-washed" or "ready-to-eat", use the spinach without further washing.
- Spray a coffee mug or small bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Crack egg into mug and beat with fork.
- Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw egg.
- Microwave egg for approximately 1 minute. (Cooking times may vary.)
- Remove cooked egg from mug and place on one half of the toasted English muffin. Place cheese slice on egg.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place fresh spinach leaves on top of cheese, if desired.
- Top with remaining half of English muffin.
- Serving Size (1 muffin):
- Calories 295
- Total Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Sodium 450mg
- Total Carbohydrates 24g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 18g