Easy No-Cook Salsa
Add more fiber to this low-calorie snack by dipping with your favorite raw vegetables. The fiber in vegetables can help you feeling full.
Yield: 5 servings
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup green onion, gently rubbed under cold running water and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well mixed. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve with your favorite raw vegetables or tortilla chips.
- Serving Size (1/5 recipe):
- Calories 40
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 320mg
- Total Carbohydrates 10g
- Total Sugars 6g