Easy Black Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ½ small onion, washed and diced
- 1 cup low-sodium canned black beans, drained (or any type of canned dried bean)
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Wash hands with soap and water. Heat heavy skillet over medium heat. Add oil and sauté onion and seasoned salt until onion is tender.
- Add beans and heat through, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer mixture to clean bowl.
- To make quesadilla, spray non-stick spray in a heavy skillet. Add one tortilla. Spread with 2 tablespoons cheese, ½ of bean mixture then 2 more tablespoons of cheese.
- Top with second tortilla. When cheese is melted and bottom of tortilla is golden, flip to other side. Brown for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to cutting board or plate. Cut into wedges and serve. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serving Size (1/2 of a quesadilla):
- Calories 280
- Total Fat 8.6g
- Sodium 507mg
- Total Carbohydrates 40.2g
- Fiber 8g
- Protein 12.2g