Cider Braised Cabbage
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and thinly sliced
- 1 head (about 2 pounds) green cabbage, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage; tossing to coat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add apple cider. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 45mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 6g
- Total Sugars 12g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 10%