Cider Braised Cabbage
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head (about 2 pounds) green cabbage, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage; tossing to coat with oil. Cook for about, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add apple cider. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.