Carrot and Apple Salad
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine honey, olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Peel the carrots. Cut into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Blanch the carrots. Blanching allows you to partially cook vegetables and cool them quickly to improve their color and flavor while still have a crisp bite.
- Bring a medium saucepan, half full of water to a boil. Add carrots and boil for about 2 minutes. Drain. Add cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat dry.
- Cut apple in half and remove the core. Cut into fourths. Cut crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Add carrots and apple to dressing. Stir to combine.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Calories 130
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 310mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 15g, includes 9g Added Sugars
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 2%
Nutrition Software Used:
Esha Food Processor