Carrot and Apple Salad
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 carrots
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Peel the carrots. Cut into ¼-inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Cut apple and remove the core. Cut into fourths. Cut crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Blanch the carrots. Bring a medium saucepan, half full of water to a boil. Add carrots and blanch for about 2 minutes. Drain. Add cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat dry.
- Add carrots and apple to dressing. Stir to combine.
- Dressing: In a large bowl, combine honey, olive oil, and vinegar.