Plan before you go grocery shopping by checking foods you already have in your refrigerator and cupboards. Shop with a grocery list.
Yield: 20 servings
- 2 (14 ounce) cans "no salt added" diced tomatoes
- ½ medium onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ - 1 jalapeno, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and chopped*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno, salt, cumin, and cilantro in the blender and process using short "pulses" or on low until combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*For less spicy salsa, remove the seeds from the jalapeno.
- Serving Size (1/20th of recipe):
- Calories 10
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 70mg
- Total Carbohydrates 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 1g