Yield: 20 servings
- 2 (14 ounce) cans "no salt added" diced tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeno, gently rubbed under cold running water and chopped*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno, salt, cumin, and cilantro in the blender and process using short "pulses" or on low until combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
*For less spicy salsa, remove the seeds from the jalapeno.
- Serving Size (1/20th of recipe):
- Calories 10
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 70mg
- Total Carbohydrates 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 1g